SINGAPORE: Government body intervenes in Fraser & Neave battle
The F&N bidding war looks set to reach its conclusion
TCC Assets and Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) face an auction unless they can resolve their bidding war over Fraser & Neave, a government watchdog has warned.
The two companies have extended the deadlines on their offers for the Singapore conglomerate multiple times in recent weeks. Initially, ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets launched a SGD9bn (US$7.36bn) all-cash offer for F&N in October. But OUE, a Singapore-based property group, topped that offer with a SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) bid in November.
However, Singapore’s Securities Industry Council (SSIC) yesterday (15 January) intervened in the situation. It said the latest time for a “revised” offer is this Sunday (20 Sunday). After this, if the situation is not resolved an “auction procedure” will kick-in, the SSIC said.
Explaining its move, the watchdog said: "Given that neither TCC nor OUE has declared its offer final, such that either offer may be increased or otherwise revised, the council considers that the company’s shareholders should be provided with certainty to make their investment decisions in respect of the competing offers.”
If the OUE bid is successful, Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food and beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research