SINGAPORE: Government body intervenes in Fraser & Neave battle
The F&N bidding war looks set to reach its conclusion
TCC Assets and Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) face an auction unless they can resolve their bidding war over Fraser & Neave, a government watchdog has warned.
The two companies have extended the deadlines on their offers for the Singapore conglomerate multiple times in recent weeks. Initially, ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets launched a SGD9bn (US$7.36bn) all-cash offer for F&N in October. But OUE, a Singapore-based property group, topped that offer with a SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) bid in November.
However, Singapore’s Securities Industry Council (SSIC) yesterday (15 January) intervened in the situation. It said the latest time for a “revised” offer is this Sunday (20 Sunday). After this, if the situation is not resolved an “auction procedure” will kick-in, the SSIC said.
Explaining its move, the watchdog said: "Given that neither TCC nor OUE has declared its offer final, such that either offer may be increased or otherwise revised, the council considers that the company’s shareholders should be provided with certainty to make their investment decisions in respect of the competing offers.”
If the OUE bid is successful, Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food and beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends