RUSSIA: Government blocks exports as Stoli battle escalates
The fight between private business and the Russian state over the trademark rights to the world's largest vodka has escalated once more. Following recent court battles between the Russian vodka company Sojuzplodimport (SPI) and the Ministry of Agriculture over the ownership of Stolichnaya vodka, the Russian government has raised the stakes again by withholding stocks of the spirit currently awaiting departure for the US and UK, among other export markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- 'Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery'