UK: Gordon Ramsay perfects partnership with Gordon’s gin
Diageo has teamed its Gordon's gin brand with the celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay in an effort to reinvigorate the brand and the category.
The company said yesterday (5 September) that Ramsay, who is renowned for demanding high standards in the kitchen, fits the Gordon's gin profile not only by name, but also by sharing an ethos where the perfect serve is paramount.
Diageo GB gins marketing manager Kathy Sewell said: "Like Gordon's gin, Gordon Ramsay sets aspirational standards in doing things properly and expects consumers to settle for nothing less than the highest calibre taste and experience."
Ramsay added: "The partnership with Gordon's gin is a natural one for me, as the brand has the same exacting standards and dedication to unparalleled quality that I adhere to in my own professional life."
The partnership will be backed by a GBP4m (US$8m) campaign which will promote the brand across all media channels, beginning with outdoor advertising, followed by its continued sponsorship of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares and on-bottle promotions next year.
The UK on-trade will benefit from two modes of communication delivered by Ramsay, one to the trade and one to the consumer. The trade will receive tips on how to make the perfect serve, whilst the consumer will be told via POS and promotions within the outlet that they must not accept anything other than the best.
Both investments will help drive the message back to consumers that Gordon's is to be associated with quality and perfection, the company said.
Recent deals by both Diageo and Edrington underline the growth potential major spirits companies see in the premium rum market. Jessica Harvey examines the latest moves in the context of a growing and...
Chivas Brothers has unveiled plans to increase its operations facilities in Scotland by expanding The Glenlivet Distillery and re-opening the Braeval Distillery....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Chivas Brothers has repositioned the Ballantine's 12 Year Old, as part of its strategic investment plan to "rejuvenate the brand"....
DGB has announced a change of managing director....
Diageo is looking for clarification of a condition set in place by South Korea as part of the reissuance of its import licence in the country....
Diageo has secured a new import licence for South Korea....
Diageo has attacked moves in California to reclassify its Smirnoff Ice brand, in an attempt to increase the price of the drink in the state....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets