UK: Gordon & MacPhail to double Benromach whisky output
Benromach has found international sales growth
Gordon & MacPhail is to double production of its Benromach single malt whisky to meet soaring international demand.
The company said today (11 June) it will invest a “seven-figure” sum in the label's Speyside distillery and recruit a third distiller. The investment will build another two warehouses next to the distillery and pay for a brand manager.
“(Benromach has) been a huge success and we know we will need to increase production if we are to meet demand in the future,” Gordon & MacPhail MD Michael Urquhart said.
“Whisky production is a business that needs vision and long-term planning and this is a sign of the confidence we have in the Benromach brand.”
Benromach, which includes the flagship ten-year-old, saw global sales jump by 40% last year, with Gordon & MacPhail claiming continued strong growth this year.
The Scotch is exported to 40 countries with major markets in Sweden, China, France and the US, Gordon & MacPhail said.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets