UK: Gordon & MacPhail to double Benromach whisky output
Benromach has found international sales growth
Gordon & MacPhail is to double production of its Benromach single malt whisky to meet soaring international demand.
The company said today (11 June) it will invest a “seven-figure” sum in the label's Speyside distillery and recruit a third distiller. The investment will build another two warehouses next to the distillery and pay for a brand manager.
“(Benromach has) been a huge success and we know we will need to increase production if we are to meet demand in the future,” Gordon & MacPhail MD Michael Urquhart said.
“Whisky production is a business that needs vision and long-term planning and this is a sign of the confidence we have in the Benromach brand.”
Benromach, which includes the flagship ten-year-old, saw global sales jump by 40% last year, with Gordon & MacPhail claiming continued strong growth this year.
The Scotch is exported to 40 countries with major markets in Sweden, China, France and the US, Gordon & MacPhail said.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends