USA: Gordon Biersch Announces the Tapping of its Spring Einbecker Style German Lager - Maibock
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurants have brewed the Maibock lager in celebration of the Spring season and in honor of a legendary German tradition. Maibock is a full-bodied beer first brewed in 13th century Einbeck, Central Germany. Legend has it the citizens of Einbeck shared a large public kettle in which they brewed their beer. The kettle moved from home to home as each household used it to produce a supply of Maibock. The order of the houses was determined by a lottery on May 1st, hence the name Maibock.
To compliment this festive German lager, Gordon Biersch has also rolled out a new Spring Menu featuring Ahi Tuna Carpaccio with Sesame Asparagus Vinaigrette, Maibock Braised Mussels, poached in Maibock lager with fresh herbs; Hunter Style Chicken, served with rosemary potatoes, Roasted Pork Chop served over sauerkraut-mashed potatoes with braised red cabbage and apple raisin glaze, and Lemon Thyme Sea Bass served with roasted beets and field greens topped with a lemon thyme vinaigrette. A special dessert item has been added which is perfect for the season, a Mixed Berry Cobbler, simmered in orange flavored liquor and spiced rum, accompanied by Tahitian vanilla ice cream.
The Maibock special lager and the new Spring Menu is available for a limited time, in addition to a unique German logo-style glass which is available only while supplies last. Gordon Biersch specializes in large group events -- visit Gordon Biersch on line at www.GordonBiersch.com for more information and a listing of Gordon Biersch locations.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets