FRANCE: Good times around the corner for Bordeaux
The Bordeaux wine region will come out of overproduction within the next three to four years, according to the CIVB, the region's wine association. The association believes that EU financing for the clearance of vines, a loan from the French state and by approaching banks, the problem should be solved by 2009.
Only 30% of Bordeaux wines which do not match quality expectations are facing problems, according to CIVB president Christian Delpeuch, while the remaining 70% are thought to be performing well.
In the UK market, Bordeaux wines have been particularly badly hit, falling by 25% last year in spite of overall market growth. The region hopes to regain this lost ground through wine tastings and 'wine schools' targeted at attracting customers in distribution and catering.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Tsingtao Brewery issues profits warning
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends