UK: Good Natured gets eco approval for UK juice
Good Natured is set to launch a line of juices in the UK, which contains fruit grown on the first citrus groves to be certified by an international conservation NGO.
The new company said today (20 September) that its fruit juices will carry the Rainforest Alliance's Certified seal and will be available from selected Waitrose, whole foods markets and Fresh & Wild stores from the middle of next month.
Greg Boyle of Good Natured said: "Consumers wishing to make an ethical purchase in the juice category have a limited range of products to choose from. We believe that the Rainforest Alliance's dedication to protecting ecosystems and the people and wildlife that depend on them will appeal to consumers."
The oranges that go into both flavours are 100% Valencia Oranges, sourced from the Del Oro Farm in Costa Rica, and are made from concentrate, leaving less of a carbon footprint, the company said.
Good Natured juices will retail at GBP1.79 (US$3.59) per 1-litre carton.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World