UK: Good Natured gets eco approval for UK juice
Good Natured is set to launch a line of juices in the UK, which contains fruit grown on the first citrus groves to be certified by an international conservation NGO.
The new company said today (20 September) that its fruit juices will carry the Rainforest Alliance's Certified seal and will be available from selected Waitrose, whole foods markets and Fresh & Wild stores from the middle of next month.
Greg Boyle of Good Natured said: "Consumers wishing to make an ethical purchase in the juice category have a limited range of products to choose from. We believe that the Rainforest Alliance's dedication to protecting ecosystems and the people and wildlife that depend on them will appeal to consumers."
The oranges that go into both flavours are 100% Valencia Oranges, sourced from the Del Oro Farm in Costa Rica, and are made from concentrate, leaving less of a carbon footprint, the company said.
Good Natured juices will retail at GBP1.79 (US$3.59) per 1-litre carton.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review