UK: Good Natured gets eco approval for UK juice
Good Natured is set to launch a line of juices in the UK, which contains fruit grown on the first citrus groves to be certified by an international conservation NGO.
The new company said today (20 September) that its fruit juices will carry the Rainforest Alliance's Certified seal and will be available from selected Waitrose, whole foods markets and Fresh & Wild stores from the middle of next month.
Greg Boyle of Good Natured said: "Consumers wishing to make an ethical purchase in the juice category have a limited range of products to choose from. We believe that the Rainforest Alliance's dedication to protecting ecosystems and the people and wildlife that depend on them will appeal to consumers."
The oranges that go into both flavours are 100% Valencia Oranges, sourced from the Del Oro Farm in Costa Rica, and are made from concentrate, leaving less of a carbon footprint, the company said.
Good Natured juices will retail at GBP1.79 (US$3.59) per 1-litre carton.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO
- India's Kerala state to ease alcohol restrictions