CANADA: Good cheer for Molson investors as growth on horizon
The brewery claimed that as a result, its share price has increased by 88%, which it says is higher than any other major brewer worldwide.
Molson's revenue went up 5% with beer volume rising 2.6%.
The Montreal-based company is seeking to divide its stocks 2 for 1, increasing the number of shares from 60m to about 120m, making them more accessible to a broader base of investors.
Eric Molson, chairman of the brewery, said: "Mission accomplished. We are once again a brewing pure play."
Last year, Molson bought back its brand's US rights from Miller and Fosters for C$133m, then struck a deal with Coors Brewing Company selling a 49.9% stake in the rights for C$65m.
In December of last year, Molson bought Brazil's fourth largest brand, Bavaria, for C$98m.
Daniel O'Neill, Molson's president and CEO, said that the company now ranks as the 20th largest brewer in the world and hinted that it has its eye on acquisitions in Western Europe or the Americas.
First quarter losses announced last week by Molson Coors are wider than originally reported, according to a recent filing....
Molson Coors Brewing Company disappointed investors yesterday by reporting a net loss for the first quarter of 2005. The company said that it had achieved higher consolidated net sales and sales volum...
Molson Coors Brewing Company said yesterday that Daniel J. O'Neill, Vice-chairman, synergies and integration and formerly president and CEO of Molson Inc, has chosen to leave the company May 31 of thi...
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
Molson Canada has announced it has acquired Ontario microbrewery Creemore Springs Brewery Ltd. Established in 1987, the brewery in Creemore, Ontario, 120 kilometres northwest of Toronto, employs 50 pe...
Peter M. R. Kendall, chief executive officer of Coors Brewers Limited, the European business unit of Molson Coors Brewing Company, will retire from his post on 1 May....
Molson Coors has appointed a new chief commercial officer for Molson Canada....
Molson Coors has appointed a new chief legal officer....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends