UK: Goldman Sachs initiates C&C coverage
Goldman Sachs has today initiated coverage of C&C Group PLC with an 'in-line' rating, according to dealers. The broker believes the Irish-based drinks group's valuation to be attractive, but added that it is yet to receive any firm details about the impact of Ireland's smoking ban on drink sales in the country.
Goldman said that it remains cautious on C&C until it has seen the definite numbers. The broker added that C&C is highly dependent on the Irish market and the effects of the smoking ban will be important for it.
Goldman added that if the smoking ban has limited impact on the group's volumes, and C&C is able to put through price increases in the country, it believes the shares valuation discount makes C&C an attractive opportunity.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014