USA: Golden State Vintners Comments On Preliminary Fiscal 2001 Projections
Golden State Vintners, Inc. (GSV) (Nasdaq:VINT) today clarified its preliminary projections for fiscal 2001, as reported in its August 16, 2000 earnings release for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2000. Subsequent comments suggest that there may have been some confusion regarding GSV's projections. As stated on August 16th, GSV's reported net income for the 2000 fiscal year was $2,723,000, or $0.28 per diluted share. Exclusive of one-time vineyard repositioning and one-time consulting charges of an aggregate of $0.17 per diluted share recognized during fiscal 2000, pro forma net income was $4,338,000, or $0.45 per diluted share. Based on pre-harvest estimates, the Company preliminarily projects fiscal 2001 earnings in the range of $0.38-$0.43 per diluted share, which GSV believes is in line with current analyst expectations. GSV is one of the largest suppliers of premium wines, wine processing and storage services, wine grapes and case goods in the United States. GSV provides a broad range of high quality winemaking and processing services, barrel fermentation, proprietary and private label bottling and storage services to many of the largest branded wineries in California and to a number of international wineries. Except for historical information, this press release contains forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, including changing market conditions, product competition, adverse weather conditions and the nature of product development, that could cause actual results to differ materially from such forward-looking statements. For more detailed discussion of these risks and uncertainties, see GSV's SEC filings, including its Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 1999 and its most recently filed Form 10-Q.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future