USA: Golden State Vintners Appoints Human Resource Director
Stewart, most recently Director of Human Resources for eWanted.com, brings ten years of HR leadership experience to GSV, including management assignments at Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers, Netscape Communications, West Valley Engineering and Claris. She is a graduate of San Francisco State University, with a degree in Sociology.
GSV's President and Chief Operating Officer Mark Larson said, "Sue's appointment represents a significant step forward on our path to having the best people in the wine industry. Her experience, particularly with start-ups and established major corporations in the eCommerce environment, will accelerate the pace and elevate the quality of our strategic agenda in the area of people management."
About Golden State Vintners
Golden State Vintners is one of the largest suppliers in the United States of premium wines, wine processing, barrel fermentation and storage services, wine grapes and case goods to California's major branded wineries and to a number of international wineries. The combination of GSV's extensive vineyard holdings and five strategically located facilities has enabled the company to become one of California's lowest-cost producers of premium bulk wine. GSV also produces private label case goods for its clients, and markets its own line of proprietary brands. GSV's five wineries are located in Fresno, Reedley, Cutler, Monterey, and St. Helena. Golden State Vintners is headquartered in Napa, Calif. and is a publicly held company.
Jim Beam bourbon has become the latest high profile spirits brand in the US to challenge a faltering voluntary ban on TV advertising. David Robertson asks how long it will be before the major networks...
Rising costs have seen Redhook Ale Brewery report a third quarter net loss of US$170,000, compared to a net income of US$312,000 in the same period last year....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has reported a fall in third quarter after-tax income as it continued to faced problems in the UK and Brazil....
Wild Turkey is launching a new premium bourbon developed exclusively for DFS....
Brown-Forman is to acquire the whole of Australian distributor Swift and Moore Pty Limited. The US wine and spirits group already owns 50% of the business with Pernod Ricard holding the other 50% foll...
Laphroaig has launched what it believes to be the world's first and only quarter cask matured single malt, for its Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky brand....
Jim Beam has launched its first-ever national television campaign....
The Jim Beam Company has launched an interactive, on-line educational Web site for enthusiasts, retailers, distributors and bartenders....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future