USA: Golden State Vintners Appoints Director of Hospitality
"We are very excited to have Elizabeth join our Edgewood Estate team," stated Michel Blom, winery General Manager. "Her experience in consumer brand development and flair for creative promotions and advertising will help us better showcase our ultra-premium Edgewood brand."
McDermott was previously with Glen Ellen Winery, where she was Consumer Promotion Manager and designed, developed, and managed the successful creation of Glen Ellen's "Limited Release Collection" for their tasting room. In addition, she directed product development for Glen Ellen's gourmet food line and signature special events.
McDermott joins recently appointed Edgewood Estate Winemaker Jeff Gaffner in strengthening Golden State Vintners' focus and commitment on producing world-class wines.
"I look to increase the visibility of Edgewood's prime central Napa Valley location and enhance its stature as a world class premium brand within the industry and with consumers," said McDermott. "I see Edgewood Estate as a jewel whose brilliance has been underexposed."
About Golden State Vintners
GSV is one of the largest suppliers of premium wines, wine processing and storage services, wine grapes and case goods in the United States. GSV provides a broad range of high quality winemaking and processing services, barrel fermentation, proprietary and private label bottling and storage services to many of the largest branded wineries in California and to a number of international wineries.
Except for historical information, this press release contains forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, including changing market conditions, product competition, adverse weather conditions and the nature of product development, that could cause actual results to differ materially from such forward-looking statements. For more detailed discussion of these risks and uncertainties, see GSV's SEC filings, including its Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 1999 and its most recently filed Form 10-Q.
Jim Beam bourbon has become the latest high profile spirits brand in the US to challenge a faltering voluntary ban on TV advertising. David Robertson asks how long it will be before the major networks...
Rising costs have seen Redhook Ale Brewery report a third quarter net loss of US$170,000, compared to a net income of US$312,000 in the same period last year....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has reported a fall in third quarter after-tax income as it continued to faced problems in the UK and Brazil....
Wild Turkey is launching a new premium bourbon developed exclusively for DFS....
Brown-Forman is to acquire the whole of Australian distributor Swift and Moore Pty Limited. The US wine and spirits group already owns 50% of the business with Pernod Ricard holding the other 50% foll...
Laphroaig has launched what it believes to be the world's first and only quarter cask matured single malt, for its Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky brand....
Jim Beam has launched its first-ever national television campaign....
The Jim Beam Company has launched an interactive, on-line educational Web site for enthusiasts, retailers, distributors and bartenders....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China