AUS: Golden Circle rejects Coca-Cola Amatil bid
Australian fruit processor Golden Circle has rejected a revised takeover bid from Coca-Cola Amatil.
CCA has offered A$1 per share for Golden Circle, valuing the target at about $210m (US$185.7m) including $130m in debt. The bid had already been refused once, but CCA removed a number of unspecified conditions from the offer before re-submitting it yesterday (3 October).
Golden Circle chairman Ern Pope said the board had unanimously decided against accepting the adjusted offer in favour of a $35m recapitalisation deal put forward by Anchorage Capital Partners, which will take a 35% stake in the company.
Pope said the recapitalisation will be used to repay debt, saving about $7m a year in interest costs.
He said the board was open to further approaches from CCA, but plans to recommend shareholders vote in favour of the Anchorage offer at a meeting to be held on 29 October.
Coca-Cola Amatil has appointed Catherine Brenner to its board as a non-executive director, effective from 2 April....
The president and COO of the Coca-Cola Co. has been nominated by the soft drinks group's board of directors to stand for election as a director of the company at the Annual Meeting of Shareowners in A...
Coca-Cola Amatil has posted a rise in profits for 2007, with the broadening of its drinks offering reaping benefits....
Coca-Cola Amatil and SABMiller have announced plans to build a new brewery in Australia....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Foster's and Lion Nathan have each launched citrus-infused beers in Australia following the entry of SABMiller's Miller Chill on the country's beer market....
Coca-Cola Amatil has completed a A$170m (US$151.1m) share buy-back transaction....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to buy a stake in recently renamed Coca-Cola Beverage Co. in South Korea, according to a recent filing....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research