UK: Godfrey's schnapps gets makeover in UK
Godfrey's has revamped and relaunched its namesake schnapps brand in the UK.
As part of the relaunch, announced yesterday (3 February), the company is cutting the number of flavour variants for the brand from seven to three - peach, apple and butterscotch.
"As part of the rebranding process, we have chosen to focus on the three core selling flavours, removing flavours like cocktail cherry, and blue banana, in a conscious decision to be taken seriously as a premium schnapps brand," a spokesperson for the company told just-drinks.
A new bottle design, which will be available in the country from next month, coincides with the recent appointment of United Brands as the company's UK distributor.
With a RRP of GBP9.99 (US$14.38) per bottle, Godfrey's schnapps is available at The Drinkshop and Booths supermarket chain.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends