US: Go Fast to use lasered can tabs as ‘billboards’
Go Fast Sports and Beverage Co is introducing laser-incised tabs on its drink cans.
The Colorado-based company said yesterday (24 August) that it will use the tabs, produced by can maker Ball Corporation, to highlight its logo branding on all of its energy drinks offerings. The tabs will be introduced in the US next month.
"We are excited to work with Ball Corporation as the commercial launch customer for this new technology," said Troy Widgery, Go Fast's founder. "Ball has always understood Go Fast's position as an independent, innovative company, and we are always working to maintain the highest quality product and strongest integrity possible with our product and packaging."
"Beverage cans have defined the energy drink category and are increasingly used in growing, upscale categories, such as wellness beverages, where product differentiation and image are key concerns," added Michael D. Herdman, president, Ball Metal Beverage Packaging Division, Americas.
Go Fast highlighted that the tabs could be used as a small 'billboard' for advertising or promotional messaging as well as brand identity. Letters, numbers, drawings or symbols can be engraved on to the tabs, Ball added.
Go Fast is the producer of Go Fast Energy Drinks and Go Fast Sports Apparel, the former being a preservative-free energy drink available in 8.4oz- and 11.9oz-cans.
Clearly Canadian has added three extra distributors to increase its US footprint....
Leading Brands has secured the Canadian distribution rights to self-styled "super-premium spring water" Icelandic Glacial....
Diageo is rolling out Hungarian liqueur Zwack to a second US state after a successful test launch....
A clearly busy Clearly Canadian has struck yet another distribution deal in the US....
Hansen Natural Corp. has teamed up with PepsiCo in Canada. PepsiCo.'s Canadian arm will replace Leading Brands as the distributor of Monster Energy, Lost Energy, Joker Mad Energy and Hansen's energy p...
Anheuser-Busch is to take on the US on-trade distribution for Hansen Natural Corp.'s flagship brand Monster Energy....
Red Bull has seen annual sales leap by almost a quarter, according to local reports....
Buoyant international sales boosted sales and earnings last year at PepsiCo, the US-based group said today (8 February). PepsiCo, which owns beverage brands including Gatorade, Tropicana and Pepsi, po...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends