SPAIN : Global Spirits forms Russian vodka joint venture
Both companies have formed a new joint venture company Kremlyovskaya Spagna, with each one owning 50% which will lead the sales drive in the Iberian peninsula, although both parties say that the agreement may extend to other areas.
Rives have been selling Kremlyovskaya for the last three years and sales are understood to be around 12,000 cases.
Peter Warren, vice president international sales for Global Spirits told just-drinks: “We are very pleased to sign this strategic agreement with one of the leading independent distributors in Spain. The premium imported vodka segment is growing in both Spain and Portugal and the new joint venture company will ensure we get the right sort of focus behind our brand.”
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends