UK: Global Brands unveils new flavour VK Vodka Kick
Global Brands has added a new flavour to its VK Vodka Kick range in the UK.
VK Pear will be available in the country from October, the company said today (4 September).
Packaged in an amber glass bottle, VK Pear has been introduced following research that suggested the pear category is the fastest growing flavour within beers, wines and spirits in the UK, Global Brands said.
"Pear-flavoured drinks have enjoyed a huge increase in popularity recently," said company chairman Steve Perez. "It's not just cider that has become more popular, but the flavour itself."
VK Pear will have an abv of 4% and will be available in a 275ml format.
The addition brings the number of products in the range up to 13, including the launch of an Apple variant last month, with all flavours available in 275ml and 70cl bottles.
To say that Ketil Eriksen had to hit the ground running when he became CEO of Absolut six months ago would be an understatement. Overseeing a massive reorganisation and dealing with the effects of the...
See the top stories published on just-drinks this week....
Admiral Imports has appointed Mark Tucker to the position of director of marketing. Tucker will be responsible for the marketing activities of all brands in the portfolio....
The UK alcoholic drinks sector is braced for up to 80,000 job cuts and falling sales over the next four years, a new report has warned, as industry leaders ratchet up the pressure on the government's ...
Blavod Extreme Spirits said today (23 February) that it had agreed to take over part of the business of EPM Brands, a UK spirits importer....
French spirits and wine group Belvedere has said that global sales rose by more than 13% in 2008 and that plans are underway to steer the firm away from bankruptcy....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Access Beverage has entered into negotiations to export wine and spirits to the Chinese market for mass distribution....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China