UK: Global Brands unveils Amigos bottle redesign
Click through to view the new Amigos bottle
Global Brands hopes its new Amigos bottle will build on the Tequila-flavoured beer's triple-digit volumes growth in the UK.
The redesign, part of a wider marketing campaign, includes embossed glass and Aztec patterns, Global Brands said today (20 June). Amigos grew volumes by 205% last year, Global Brands said, citing Nielsen figures.
“Spirit beers are on track to be one of the trade’s most profitable categories because they offer a point of difference, and when stocked they outperform traditional lagers,” Global Brands’ marketing director Simon Green said. “The brands that continue to invest and innovate are the ones that will succeed.”
A company spokesperson told just-drinks the new bottle is available in the UK now, and will roll out to all global markets by the end of next month.
Global Brands launched Amigos in 2009.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads