UK: Global Brands unveils Amigos bottle redesign
Click through to view the new Amigos bottle
Global Brands hopes its new Amigos bottle will build on the Tequila-flavoured beer's triple-digit volumes growth in the UK.
The redesign, part of a wider marketing campaign, includes embossed glass and Aztec patterns, Global Brands said today (20 June). Amigos grew volumes by 205% last year, Global Brands said, citing Nielsen figures.
“Spirit beers are on track to be one of the trade’s most profitable categories because they offer a point of difference, and when stocked they outperform traditional lagers,” Global Brands’ marketing director Simon Green said. “The brands that continue to invest and innovate are the ones that will succeed.”
A company spokesperson told just-drinks the new bottle is available in the UK now, and will roll out to all global markets by the end of next month.
Global Brands launched Amigos in 2009.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research