UK: Global Brands targets students with Tequila beer launch
Global Brands has unveiled an addition to its beer portfolio in the UK.
The company, which owns the VK Vodka Kick RTD brand, said yesterday (23 March) that Amigos, a Tequila and lime-flavoured beer, will launch in the UK in the coming weeks.
The 6% abv beer is being prepared for an "immediate launch" and has secured "major" listings already, although the company declined to detail these listings further when contacted by just-drinks.
Amigos will be targeted at the student market, Global Brands said. The company also declined to give a recommended retail price for the beer.
"The UK beer market has been evolving steadily with new and different beers entering the market consistently in recent years, providing a definite opportunity to grow our share in the market place," said Global Brands' trade marketing manager, Justin Horsman.
"As consumers' palates continue to develop, their willingness to try new and more adventurous products increases so we're confident Amigos will grow quickly in popularity and cause a stir in the market this summer."
The recession has prompted trading down in the spirits market, even putting the brakes on the seemingly ever-increasing premium vodka category. With reference to a new IWSR/just-drinks report, Ben Coo...
Blavod Drinks has added a number of brands to its spirits portfolio, including the Islay malt whisky Bruichladdich....
Russian Standard Vodka has launched its portfolio of vodkas in Australia and New Zealand, under a distribution deal with Beam Global Spirits & Wine....
Proximo Spirits has launched a television advertising campaign for its 1800 Silver Tequila brand in the US....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has filed a lawsuit against Diageo North America, accusing it of copying the red wax seal used on Maker's Mark Bourbon bottles for Diageo's Jose Cuervo Reserva Tequila....
Vermont Spirits has secured distribution for its vodka portfolio in New York State in the US....
Partida Tequila has confirmed a change of director of finance....
The head of Pernod Ricard in the UK, Jean-Manuel Spriet, has told just-drinks that the group will reinvest budget for the recently sold Tia Maria brand in driving growth of Absolut vodka in the countr...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends