UK: Global Brands relaunches Hooch Alcoholic Lemon Brew
Click through to view an image of Hooch Alcoholic Lemon Brew
Hooch Alcoholic Lemon Brew is being re-launched into the UK market, nearly a decade since it was withdrawn.
Global Brands, which has a licensing agreement with Molson Coors for Hooch's UK distribution, said brand has been "evolved" and is now "designed" to be served over ice. The target market will be 18-35 year-old men and the company sees it competing with fruit beers and ciders.
Promotion for the drink, which comes in a 50cl bottle, will feature the tagline "Refreshment with Bite". The drink's abv has also been lowered from the original 5% to 4%.
“For retro brands to be re-launched successfully, they must draw on positive associations of past times by retaining the brand’s authenticity, whilst also connecting with today’s consumers who are seeing the brand for the first time," said Global Brands' marketing director, Simon Green.
The company said a "targeted investment package" for on- and off-trade outlets will focus on the "over ice" serve.
Hooch, previously known as Hooper's Hooch, was originally launched by Bass in 1995 and sold 2.5m bottles a week in the UK at the height of its popularity. It was withdrawn in the country in 2003.
In the US, the product is still sold by United States Beverage in Hard Lemonade, Hard Orange, Hard Berry and ICE (citrus) flavours.
As macroeconomic volatility, the mature versus emerging market narrative, the craft revolution coming of age and shifting demographics all radically reshape the alcoholic drinks battleground, innovati...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer