UK: Global Brands readies Hooch Alcoholic Lemon Brew push
Keith Lemon, aka Leigh Francis, will be the face of the campaign
Global Brands, the UK distributor for Molson Coors' Hooch Alcoholic Lemon Brew, has lined up a campaign for the brand featuring comic persona Keith Lemon.
Lemon, played by English comedian Leigh Francis, will be the face of the TV and outdoor advertising push, Global Brands said today (3 February). A spokesperson for Global Brands told just-drinks the campaign, which will start next month, has a “a multi-million pound value”.
It is the first major ad campaign for Hooch since Global Brands relaunched it in the UK in 2012, the spokesperson added.
“We needed someone to take Hooch to the next level,” Global Brands’ marketing director, Simon Green, said. “As former Business Man of the Year 1993, Keith Lemon is obviously the perfect man for the job and we can’t wait to see what he comes up with.”
Global Brands has a licensing agreement with Molson Coors for Hooch's UK distribution. Previously known as Hooper's Hooch, the brand was launched by Bass in 1995 and sold 2.5m bottles a week in the UK at the height of its popularity. It was withdrawn in the country in 2003.
The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...read more
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014