UK: Global Brands makes Fullback acquisition
Global Brands has boosted its portfolio by acquiring the beer-brand owner Fullback (Imports), based in Yorkshire, northern England.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Global Brands said in a statement today (26 September): "The move forms part of a long-term strategy, as Global Brands continues to review its portfolio, to focus attention on its core brands, develop its premium spirits & beer portfolio and grow the company both organically and through acquisitions."
Fullback Imports, which has been trading in the UK for just under two years, owns three premium European beer brands.
Saku Kuld, is from Estonia 's leading brewery; Zagorka Special is the number one selling beer in Bulgaria and Peerdebrug Blond is a Belgian Abbey-style beer.
Global Brands now owns the rights to exclusively sell, distribute and market the products in the UK, with full ownership of Peerdebrug Blond. The company said that the origin of the brands will remain the same.
Fullback was set up in April 2007 and owned and operated by Justin Horsman and Neil Robinson, both of whom have now joined the team at Global's head office in Chesterfield as trade marketing manager and senior national account manager respectively.
Steve Perez, chairman of Global Brands, said: "This is an exciting time for us. All three of these beer brands are already performing well in the marketplace, but we saw an opportunity to grow their market share even further.
"The brands fit well with our distribution base and also with our continued expansion plans. The integration forms part of our new Premium Beer Portfolio, which will allow us to provide a stronger, all-round offering."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research