UK: Global Brands launches Mojito RTD
Global Brands, the UK drinks group which markets the VK Vodka Kick brand, has launched a ready-to-drink (RTD) Mojito cocktail.
The company said consumer research had revealed a gap in the market for a hybrid product, adding that it believed the brand could "invigorate the RTD category and excite and inspire new drinkers".
The first product in the range is the VK Mojito Original. At 4% ABV, the RTD cocktail is made with Caribbean Rum and is packaged in a 275ml bottle.
"This product has put real innovation back into the RTD category, the first for a long time," said Global Brands managing director Steve Perez. "It's a sub category in its own right, and offers our customers and their consumers alike a new and exciting product, backed by a recognisable brand - VK. It also places the convenience that lies in RTD products hand in hand with the exciting growth in the cocktail sector."
Castle Brands cut losses by 16% in the first quarter, thanks to cost savings and a focus on key spirits brands, it has announced....
Maxxium has readied the release of the latest variant of Absolut vodka for the UK....
Speculation is mounting that French wine and spirit company Belvédère may reduce its debt levels by selling Marie Brizard, the Bordeaux-based spirits producer it bought two years ago....
Pernod Ricard has released a summer-based pack offer for its Malibu rum brand in the UK....
Bacardi Global Brands has launched a wide-ranging review of its advertising strategy....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Italian winemaker Fabiano has appointed New Jersey-based Admiral Imports as importer and marketer for its US brand....
Stolichnaya vodka is not for sale, but brand owner SPI Group is in negotiations to form new distribution agreements in key markets, minority shareholder Andrey Skurikhin has told just-drinks....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends