UK: Glenmorangie moves into Edinburgh HQ
The Glenmorangie Company is to move into new headquarters in central Edinburgh.
The Scotch whisky company's HQ will be sited in The Cube, located in Edinburgh's city centre. The company is moving from its current site in Broxburn, West Lothian.
Chief executive Paul Neep said: "As an international company, we are highly focused on growing our ... premium single malt Scotch whisky brands - Glenmorangie and Ardbeg. We are very excited about our move into central Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We believe it will help to reinforce the direction of our company and to retain and recruit the best people."
Excellent transport links and amenities along with a contemporary, environmentally- friendly design meant The Cube was an obvious choice for the company, a statement said.
The Glenmorangie Company, which is owned by Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH), is set to relocate its bottling operation from Broxburn to a production centre at The Alba Campus, Livingston later this month. Back in 2008, the unit signed an agreement with Diageo for the sale of the 33-acre Broxburn facility in a bid to withdraw from the bottling and sale of blended Scotch whisky.
The company has also made "significant" investment at both its Glenmorangie distillery in Tain and the Ardbeg distillery on Islay.
Diageo's results last week spelt out one strong message, as far as M&A nut Richard Woodard is concerned. Let's watch him clap his hands and jump up and down as he tells us what he heard....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages