UK: Glenmorangie moves into Edinburgh HQ
The Glenmorangie Company is to move into new headquarters in central Edinburgh.
The Scotch whisky company's HQ will be sited in The Cube, located in Edinburgh's city centre. The company is moving from its current site in Broxburn, West Lothian.
Chief executive Paul Neep said: "As an international company, we are highly focused on growing our ... premium single malt Scotch whisky brands - Glenmorangie and Ardbeg. We are very excited about our move into central Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We believe it will help to reinforce the direction of our company and to retain and recruit the best people."
Excellent transport links and amenities along with a contemporary, environmentally- friendly design meant The Cube was an obvious choice for the company, a statement said.
The Glenmorangie Company, which is owned by Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH), is set to relocate its bottling operation from Broxburn to a production centre at The Alba Campus, Livingston later this month. Back in 2008, the unit signed an agreement with Diageo for the sale of the 33-acre Broxburn facility in a bid to withdraw from the bottling and sale of blended Scotch whisky.
The company has also made "significant" investment at both its Glenmorangie distillery in Tain and the Ardbeg distillery on Islay.
Diageo's results last week spelt out one strong message, as far as M&A nut Richard Woodard is concerned. Let's watch him clap his hands and jump up and down as he tells us what he heard....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future