UK: Glenmorangie launches Ardbeg Supernova Scotch whisky
Glenmorangie, a subsidiary of Moët Hennessy, has put its Ardbeg Supernova single malt whisky from Islay on general release.
Bottled at 58.9% abv and with a recommended retail price of GBP79.99 (US$120.6), Ardbeg Supernova has been created using the most heavily peated Ardbeg distillery stocks, Glenmorangie Company said yesterday (5 May).
Islay single malt whiskies are famed for their peaty, smoke-filled aromas.
Demand for the whisky has already proven to be strong, the group said.
Members of the 47,000-strong Ardbeg Committee, an online network of Ardbeg fans, bought up 3,000 bottles of Supernova within two hours when the whisky was put on special release to them.
Dr Bill Lumsden, head of distilling and whisky creation at Glenmorangie, said: "We expected a good reaction when we offered a limited amount for sale online recently but couldn't believe it when all 3000 preview bottles sold out in 112 minutes."
Supernova is available online and from selected Oddbins stores across the UK, as well as key whisky specialist outlets worldwide and online at www.ardbeg.com.
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
Diageo workers in Scotland are to vote on strike action in protest at the company's plan to cut around 10% of its Scotch whisky workforce in the country....
Pernod Ricard has teamed up with designer Christian Lacroix to launch a limited edition Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Magnum....
Pernod Ricard has secured a tie-up between Royal Salute Scotch whisky and a polo tournament in India....
United Breweries and United Spirits, both part of The UB Group empire in India, have posted their latest quarterly and half-year results....
Pernod Ricard has extended the current sponsorship deal for its Ballantine's Scotch whisky brand with the namesake golf tournament in South Korea....
Drambuie's The Royal Legacy of 1745...
Having expected to fly into a resolutely downbeat mood at this year's Tax Free World Association expo in Cannes, just-drinks discovered that many drinks companies are nurturing a growing sense of opti...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends