UK: Glenmorangie Co FY sales rise as 'fast-growing' markets remain focus
- FY net profits up 15.8% to GBP11.6m (US$19.4m)
- Operating profits in 2013 up 14.7% to GBP16.4m
- Sales rise 6% to GBP70.1m
The Glenmorangie Company, the Scotch whisky unit of Moet Hennessy, saw a healthy rise in net profits in 2013 off the back of a 6% lift in sales.
In accounts filed with Companies House in the UK this week, the Edinburgh-based division reported that net profits in the 12 months to the end of 2013 rose by 15.8% to GBP11.6m (US$19.4m). Sales in the period climbed by 6% to GBP70.1m, while operating profits climbed 14.7% to GBP16.4m.
Glemorangie said both its namesake single malt brand and the Ardbeg brand delivered “increased volume and profit growth” in the year.
Looking ahead, the company said: “Our vision is to strengthen and consolidate the strong brand presence for ... Glemorangie and Ardbeg in fast-growing, international markets, where this is significant growth opportunity for premium whiskies”.
Earlier today (23 July), the International Wine & Spirit Competition released the list of full winners for spirits for 2015. Here is the list of 'gold outstanding' and 'gold' winners for Scotch whisky...
Moet Hennessy has launched an extension of its Glenmorangie single malt Scotch whisky brand that "celebrates stories from the area"....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends