UK: Glenmorangie Co FY sales rise as 'fast-growing' markets remain focus
- FY net profits up 15.8% to GBP11.6m (US$19.4m)
- Operating profits in 2013 up 14.7% to GBP16.4m
- Sales rise 6% to GBP70.1m
The Glenmorangie Company, the Scotch whisky unit of Moet Hennessy, saw a healthy rise in net profits in 2013 off the back of a 6% lift in sales.
In accounts filed with Companies House in the UK this week, the Edinburgh-based division reported that net profits in the 12 months to the end of 2013 rose by 15.8% to GBP11.6m (US$19.4m). Sales in the period climbed by 6% to GBP70.1m, while operating profits climbed 14.7% to GBP16.4m.
Glemorangie said both its namesake single malt brand and the Ardbeg brand delivered “increased volume and profit growth” in the year.
Looking ahead, the company said: “Our vision is to strengthen and consolidate the strong brand presence for ... Glemorangie and Ardbeg in fast-growing, international markets, where this is significant growth opportunity for premium whiskies”.
Earlier today (23 July), the International Wine & Spirit Competition released the list of full winners for spirits for 2015. Here is the list of 'gold outstanding' and 'gold' winners for Scotch whisky...
Moet Hennessy has launched an extension of its Glenmorangie single malt Scotch whisky brand that "celebrates stories from the area"....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends