UK: Glenmorangie appoints first female distiller
The Glenmorangie Company has appointed its first female distiller.
The Scotch whisky company, which is part of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, announced today (7 February) that Pauline Ogilvie will become the new assistant distillery manager at its Tain facility.
Ogilvie also joins the ranks of the so-called 'Sixteen Men of Tain' - the fabled club of sixteen people who make Glenmorangie. Ogilvie has previously worked at Talisker and Dalwhinnie Distilleries.
Meanwhile, Michael Heads has become the distillery manager at Glenmorangie's Ardbeg distillery. Heads moves back to his home island from the Isle of Jura, where he held the post of distillery manager. His previous experience also includes brewer with Laphroaig.
"We welcome them both on board as we continue to create two of Scotland's most famous, and well-respected single malts, and we look forward to an extremely prosperous and productive new year," said Dr Bill Lumsden, The Glenmorangie Company master distiller.
"Both Pauline and Michael bring fantastic knowledge and experience to our distillery teams although we may have to amend our literature to state 'handcrafted by the 15 men and one woman of Tain' now Pauline has made Glenmorangie history."
LVMH acquired Glenorangie in January 2005 for GBP300m (US$591m).
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Bacardi has trumpeted its US$250m cash injection into Dewar's Scotch whisky as one of its largest single brand investments in its history....
Spirits imports into China posted dramatic gains in 2006, rising by 36.5% to 3.5m nine-litre cases, according to the latest findings from The IWSR Drinks Record....
Bacardi has lined up a massive investment behind its Dewar's Scotch whisky brand....
The president of Moët & Chandon expects serious supply issues to limit the Champagne house to single rather than double-digit sales growth in the short-term future....
Pernod Ricard has announced the addition of a new vintage single malt Scotch whisky in the US as part of its Glenlivet Cellar Collection....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a healthy lift in first half operating profit....
Whyte & Mackay has attained sole Scotch whisky pouring rights in the official drinks tent at Cowes Week....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India