UK: Glengoyne launches Mashmen range
Whisky producer Glengoyne has selected a Mashmen range for its distillery shop and specialist retailers worldwide.
Three of the distillery's expert mashmen picked their favourite single casks, with Jim Leslie choosing a 15-year-old cask, Charlie Murray opting for a 17-year-old cask - the same number of years as he has worked at Glengoyne - and Peter Andrew selecting a 20-year-old cask.
The release follows last Autumn's launch of the Scottish distillery's Stillmen range.
Glengoyne brand heritage and commercial manager Stuart Hendry said: "There is definitely a bit of friendly rivalry between our Mashmen and Stillmen and I can't wait to see whether the sales and plaudits will prove that the Mashmen have also got what it takes. The Stillmen range was so popular that it will be a very hard act to follow."
Recommended UK retail prices per bottle are GBP80 (US$152.6) for Jim's Choice, GBP100 for Charlie's Choice and GBP120 for Peter's Choice.
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends