UK: Glengoyne distiller strikes distribution deal
Ian Macleod Distillers has signed a distribution deal with Harvey-Miller Wine & Spirit Agencies (HMWSA) for the UK and Irish markets.
The UK distiller said today (26 June) that its stable - including Glengoyne single malt and London Hill gin - would be handled by HMWSA. Ian MacLeod had previously handled distribution in-house.
"The new distribution arrangement will enable us to achieve far greater penetration of our premium brands throughout the UK and Ireland," said Leonard Russell, managing director of Ian Macleod Distillers.
"Currently we have strong on-trade and off-trade distribution in Scotland, but I have been looking at ways in which we can build our brands on a national basis, and this is the ideal partnership to do this."
HMWSA chairman Nick Harvey-Miller added: "Adding Ian Macleod's superb family products to our stable enhances our strategy of making a complete package available to our customers."
Chivas Brothers has unveiled the first international TV marketing campaign for its Chivas Regal 18-year-old Scotch whisky....
Pernod Ricard has signalled its commitment to promoting responsible drinking with plans to put warnings to pregnant women on all its wine and spirit brands throughout the EU....
Tanqueray London dry gin is running a custom sponsorship campaign on television station USA Network this month....
Independent UK spirits group Hayman Distillers has launched a stable of entry-level brands into China and the Philippines....
Russia is set to become a key export market for Tequila producers, according to the company leading the booming super-premium Tequila segment in the US....
The Patrón Spirits Company, best known for its namesake premium Tequila, looks set to move into the wider white spirits category with the acquisition of a vodka and a gin brand....
Ian Macleod Distillers has signalled its ambition to break into the world's top ten single malts with the repackaging of hallmark Scotch whisky Glengoyne....
US drinks importer Admiral Imports has launched Canadian-produced Iceberg Gin in the US....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages