Product Launch - UK: Glenglassaugh Distillery's Evolution
Click through to view Glenglassaugh Distillery's Evolution
Glenglassaugh Distillery's Evolution
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 57.2% abv
Available - From 1 November
Location - UK, online and from Glenglassaugh distillery in Portsoy
Price - RRP of GBP50 (US$80) per 70cl bottle
Glenglassaugh Distillery has lined up the launch of its second single malt expression. The independent company said late last week that the limited edition bottling has been aged in ex-Bourbon casks. A total of 6,000 units will be available from the distillery shop near Portsoy in north-east Scotland.
Glenglassaugh Distillery today, 1st November 2012, launches an exclusive new single malt Scotch whisky, Evolution. The strictly limited bottling has been matured in ex-bourbon casks and has a totally different set of characteristics from Revival - the last new release from this iconic distillery. Only 6,000 bottles of the whisky have been hand-filled at the distillery near the town of Portsoy in north-east Scotland.
This latest release from Glenglassaugh Distillery - the most coastal mainland distillery in Scotland – has been eagerly anticipated by fans of Revival. That malt was the first single malt Scotch whisky to roll off the production line at Glenglassaugh since the distillery’s relaunch in 2008 and has exceeded all expectations since its release in April.
Glenglassaugh managing director, Stuart Nickerson says, “Evolution is significantly different to Revival and the feedback from pre-launch tastings in Dufftown, London and Germany was fantastic. Being a limited edition product which has matured in casks sourced from one distillery in Tennessee, we are expecting a complete sell-out once it is released within a relatively short period of time.
“Our initial orders indicate that it will be widely sought after by single malt whisky drinkers everywhere and we may end-up wishing that we had bottled more. It is our intention to develop Evolution in future with a range of different wood styles, with the next release due in 2013.”
Evolution, which has an RRP of £50, is an exclusive and very limited one-off release from single variety oak cask styles. It has been bottled on site at Glenglassaugh at natural strength, natural colour and without the use of chill-filtration. The whisky was matured in first fill ex-George Dickel Tennesse Whiskey barrels and shows great depth of character and finesse, a harmonious combination of whisky and oak.
Evolution is golden barley in colour and its nose is a sweet, buttery vanilla with notes of butterscotch, fudge and golden delicious apples. There is also a hint of caramelised pears and earthy coconut. The palate is creamy and sweet, made up of more butterscotch and vanilla fudge, banana, pear and green apple emerge before the coconut and anise. It has a rounded and sweet finish with gentle coconut and liquorice notes.
Evolution is available now from the Glenglassaugh Distillery online retail shop at www.glenglassaugh.com where customers can also find out further information about its range of award-winning aged whiskies and younger spirit drinks.
Original source: Company Release
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report