UK: Glenglassaugh Distillery joins Scotch Whisky Association
The Glenglassaugh Distillery Company has become a member of the Scotch Whisky Association (SWA).
The Glenglassaugh Distillery near Portsoy, Aberdeenshire was recently acquired by European investment house the Scaent Group and work is currently underway to re-open the facility for production later this year.
"At Glenglassaugh we believe that we have a unique opportunity to breathe life back into a hidden gem," said Glenglassaugh managing director Stuart Nickerson today (7 July). "The SWA is of vital importance to the whisky industry and we recognise the part they play in ensuring that brands like ours become part of Scotland's future whisky heritage."
Glenglassaugh, led by Nickerson, has recruited a new team including former manager Graham Eunson as distillery manager and whisky expert Ian Buxton as marketing consultant.
SWA spokesman David Williamson said: "That Scotch Whisky is to be distilled again at Glenglassaugh is good news for the industry. We are delighted Stuart and his team are going to play their part at industry level and welcome them as the SWA's 54th member company."
The Netherlands-based Scaent Group acquired the mothballed Glenglassaugh Distillery from Highland Distillers in February. After nine months of preparation, the distillery will be up and running by the...
BenRiach Distillery Company has lined up a GBP250,000 (US$363,000) investment in the recently-acquired GlenDronach Scotch whisky brand....
Scotch whisky producers remain optimistic as the spreading economic flu bug sees the industry facing its first rocky period for several years....
Brown spirits, led by whisky, are making a comeback in the US market, according to new research....
Central European Distribution Organisation, the wine and spirits group, has said it has signed a deal to refinance its short-term debt, enabling it to continue investing in key growth markets....
Diageo has recruited Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton alongside rival Mika Häkkinen for anti-drink drive campaign in the UK....
Diageo Great Britain has reported strong growth in off-trade wine & spirits volumes in the countdown to Christmas....
Diageo has lined up a brace of television adverts in the US for its Crown Royal Canadian blended whisky brand....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research