UK: Glenglassaugh Distillery appoints rising star to oversee European brands
Glenglassaugh Distilleries has turned its focus on Europe
The Glenglassaugh Distillery Company has appointed its first European brand development manager to help build customer base in the continent.
Susan Colville joins Glenglassaugh from independent bottler Wemyss Malts. She was also brand ambassador at Douglas Laing & Co and Dewar Rattray, both also independent bottlers in Glasgow.
Colville, 31, won Young Brand Ambassador at the 2012 Icons of Whisky Awards. She is the first woman to take the title.
The Glenglassaugh Distillery Company was formed in 2008, when a consortium, which included a Russian businessman and a buyer from Lativa, bought the Speyside-based distillery from the Edrington Group reportedly for between GBP2m (US$3.1m) and GBP3m.
In April, the distillery launched Revival, the first single malt to be produced at the site since it was reopened.
An online row broke out among the Scotch whisky fraternity earlier this month. It all kicked off with the launch of The Macallan Gold from The Edrington Group, and its cousins Amber, Sienna and Ruby, ...
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015