UK: Glenfiddich to embark on Christmas push
Scotch whisky brand Glenfiddich is to receive a promotional push over Christmas that aims to celebrate the heritage of the brand.
The GBP1m (US$1.9m) campaign starts tomorrow (8 November) and aims to focus on the fact that the brand's owner, William Grant, started producing the single malt on Christmas Day 1887.
"The brand truth behind the campaign is a real draw for the consumer who we believe will respond positively to the unique fact of Glenfiddich's Christmas birthday," said Lindsey Tier, group brand manager at First Drinks Brands, Glenfiddich's UK distributor.
The campaign includes print and outdoor advertising, executions First Drinks Brands hopes will encourage consumers to go to www.christmas1887.co.uk, a micro-site where drinkers can win Glenfiddich-related prizes.
Last month, William Grant said there would be a limited edition Glenfiddich launched across the UK in time for Christmas. Glenfiddich Toasted Oak Reserve 12-year-old will hit UK shelves during the festive period.
Bringing together the great and the good of the world's whisky distillers, The World Whisky Conference - which ran this week in Glasgow - saw just-drinks out in force. Chris Brook-Carter looks back at...
Black Bottle has become the official whisky of Scottish horse racing for 2007....
Former William Grant & Sons executive vice-president and national sales manager Joel Gosler has formed a new US import and marketing company....
The Edrington Group is set to focus its efforts on "international markets" for its The Famous Grouse whisky brand. The Scotch whisky distiller confirmed today (3 May) that it is dropping its shirt spo...
The Edrington Group is pulling its shirt sponsorship deal with the Scottish national rugby team....
Ian Macleod Distillers has re-launched its company website....
Bruichladdich has posted an almost one-third increase in full-year profits....
The World Trade Organisation has agreed to an EU request to take a closer look at India's taxation of spirits and wines....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets