UK: Glenfiddich online community launched
Glenfiddich Explorers is being launched as an online community this month, William Grant said today (22 May).
Consumers who register on the site will gain access to interviews and special features about Glenfiddich and its history, while they will also be able to chat to other registered 'Explorers' around the world.
Some online communities for Scotch brands already exist, such as the Ardbeg Committee and Friends of Laphroaig.
Utadi Murphy, William Grant & Sons' global relationship marketing manager, said of Glenfiddich Explorers: "The launch of Explorers is a really exciting step for us and one which will provide visitors with stimulating insights into the pleasures of whisky drinking and the distinctive taste of Glenfiddich."
He added: "The launch follows the launch, earlier this year, of The Balvenie's new website, which features an online Whisky Shelf called Warehouse 24, and offers visitors the opportunity to rate and share notes on thousands of different single malt whiskies."
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
The Edrington Group has announced the closure of one of its facilities in Scotland....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Scotch Whisky Association would accept a ban on alcohol sales below tax in place of a plan to introduce minimum pricing on drinks, the trade body has said....
Diageo India's head offices have been visited by customs and revenue officials in the country....
Pernod Ricard has announced a global extension of the 'Leave an Impression' advertising platform for the 12 year old variant of Ballantine's Scotch whisky....
A bottle of The Dalmore Oculus Scotch whisky containing malts distilled more than 140 years ago has been sold for GBP27,600 (US$46,000) at auction....
Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet Cellar Collection 1973...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report