US/S AFRICA: Glenelly Estate teams with Cape Classics in US
Glenelly Estate will use Cape Classics in the US
South African wine producer Glenelly Estate has switched to Cape Classics to import its wines into the US.
Glenelly confirmed late last week that Cape Classics would handle its brands in the country, replacing Monsieur Touton Selection. “There was never any question of (Mr Touton) representing Glenelly across all 50 states,” a spokesperson for the wine firm told just-drinks yesterday (23 August). “National distribution is not a goal for Mr. Touton's company.”
Cape Classics will initially import four Glenelly wines: a Chardonnay and a Cabernet Sauvignon from the entry level 'Glass Collection' (SRP $17.99 each); 'Grand Vin de Glenelly', the estate’s Syrah-based signature red blend (SRP $24.99), and the flagship 'Lady May' Cabernet Sauvignon (SRP $49.99).
The wines will be available in all major US markets from 1 October.
Located in Stellenbosch, Glenelly is owned by May Eliane de Lencquesaing, the former owner of Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande.
Nearly 30% of all bottled wine from South Africa available in the US comes through Cape Classics.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018