SCOTLAND: Glen Garioch launches whisky in Taiwan
Glen Garioch Distillery has released one of its rarest whiskies. The single malt distillery announced earlier this week that it has launched a 15 Years Old Glen Garioch matured in Bordeaux casks. The release will be exclusive to Taiwan and will be limited to 1,800 bottles.
With an abv of 50%, Glen Garioch 15 Years Old Bordeaux Wine Cask Finish Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky was launched in Taiwan late last week.
Fergus Hartley, regional director for duty free, Asia Pacific and Americas for Glen Garioch's owners said: "This unusual finish adds a subtle depth to Glen Garioch's hallmark Highland flavours.
"It's absolutely right that this rare bottling is exclusive to Taiwan - we're proud that this is one of Glen Garioch's strongest markets and we know that the Highland stature of Glen Garioch, in combination with the wine influence, will be a character highly appreciated by the discerning Taiwanese consumer."
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India