US: Glazer's ups Tennessee footprint with Star buy
Glazer's has raised its profile in Tennessee through the purchase of another distributor in the state.
The family-owned alcohol distributor, which operates in 14 states in the US, confirmed late last week that it will buy majority control of Star Distributing Co. The Memphis-based company handles brands owned by the likes of Bacardi, Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates, Moet Hennessy and Constellation.
Financial details behind the transaction were not disclosed.
“Our overall corporate strategy is to aggressively expand our footprint in the beverage distribution business and, when this acquisition is complete, we will have a significant market presence in Memphis,” said company president & CEO Sheldon Stein.
Back in 2011, Glazer's made its entry into Tennessee when it bought Victor L Robilio Co in the state.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Treasury Wine Estates has faced serious challenges since its spin-off from Foster’s Group in 2011. The US, which was a key component of its turnaround plan, has thus far failed to pay dividends. In 20...
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages