US: Glazer's Texas boss gets promotion
US wine and spirits distributor Glazer's has promoted the head of its Texas operations to the role of COO.
Mike Maxwell has become executive vice president, COO at Glazer's, as the company restructures its corporate office.
The distributor's chairman and CEO Bennett Glazer said Maxwell had done an "outstanding job" in Texas and that he would have an immediate and positive impact" in his new role.
"The Glazer family and our executive team are taking steps to better align the company for the future," Glazer added. "It is important in today's fast-paced business environment that we be fast, flexible and decisive so that the company remains well-positioned to fully and effectively exploit all available market opportunities.
In other appointments, Cary Rossel has been appointed executive vice president and CFO, while Don Pratt was named senior vice president for strategic accounts at the company.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk