US/UKRAINE: Glazer's teams up with Soyuz Victan
US distributor Glazer's has teamed up with Ukrainian distiller Soyuz Victan to handle one of its vodkas.
Glazer's will distribute SV The Silk Vodka across 12 states, including Texas, Ohio and Missouri, from next month, the company said yesterday (6 February).
Ron Lepow, Glazer's business development director, said the vodka is the first product to meet the Texas-based distributor's "new corporate evaluation process", a programme, he said that determines which new products the company distributes.
"We feel that Soyuz Victan USA and SV The Silk Vodka meet all of our criteria, which is why we have made the decision to add them as a strategic vendor partner for Glazer's," Lepow said.
Mark McKethan, president and general manager of Soyuz Victan USA, the distiller's local unit, added that Glazer's is one of the company's "anchor distributors" as it looks to expand across the US.
There has rarely been dull moment in recent years for anyone concerned with Stolichnaya, with a long-running rights dispute over the brand name, a switch to bottling the brand outside Russia and the t...
With interest surrounding the likely sale of Swedish spirits producer V&S Group growing by the day, there could be no better time to look at the company's flagship vodka brand Absolut and the opportun...
The US-based Eastern European drinks group CEDC has continued its rapid expansion with the acquisition of Russian vodka brand Parliament. While some observers have questioned the move, Patience Gould ...
Pernod Ricard's annual results briefing last week suggested the company has consigned the Allied Domecq deal to history. No more talk of bedding down and integration. The emphasis was firmly on the fu...
Terms like heritage, authenticity and personality can be seen as the building-blocks of brand image, but to establish an instant connection with consumers these attributes have to be captured visually...
Central European Distribution Corporation has posted a slight rise in sales and operating income for the second quarter....
Diageo GB plans to launch an integrated marketing campaign for its Smirnoff vodka brand that aims to be the largest ever....
Central European Distribution Corporation has acquired a Polish alcoholic drinks distributor....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends