US: Glazer’s Louisiana gets new general manager
Glazer's has announced the appointment of a new general manager spirits for Louisiana.
The US wine, spirits and malt beverage wholesale distributor said yesterday (27 April) that Doug Howell would assume the position from 1 June. Howell will be responsible for all sales and marketing activities and performance within the Paramount and Premier Division Spirits portfolios.
Howell has spent 13 years at Glazer's, holding a variety of sales, operations, and management roles. He spent five years in Iowa as Iowa regional vice president and Iowa president. His position will be filled by Thom Rowen, general manager for Glazer's of Iowa's Pinnacle Division.
"Doug Howell was a tremendous leader for Glazer's in Iowa," said Glazer's Midwest region president Keith Petrauskas. "We congratulate him on his new position in Louisiana. Doug had a huge impact on Glazer's Iowa business, taking the company to the market leadership position we currently enjoy in the state. We are confident that Thom Rowen will build on the foundation for Glazer's of Iowa that Doug Howell has built."
Glazer's distributes in 12 US states, and was founded in Dallas in 1933.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team