US: Glazer’s Louisiana gets new general manager
Glazer's has announced the appointment of a new general manager spirits for Louisiana.
The US wine, spirits and malt beverage wholesale distributor said yesterday (27 April) that Doug Howell would assume the position from 1 June. Howell will be responsible for all sales and marketing activities and performance within the Paramount and Premier Division Spirits portfolios.
Howell has spent 13 years at Glazer's, holding a variety of sales, operations, and management roles. He spent five years in Iowa as Iowa regional vice president and Iowa president. His position will be filled by Thom Rowen, general manager for Glazer's of Iowa's Pinnacle Division.
"Doug Howell was a tremendous leader for Glazer's in Iowa," said Glazer's Midwest region president Keith Petrauskas. "We congratulate him on his new position in Louisiana. Doug had a huge impact on Glazer's Iowa business, taking the company to the market leadership position we currently enjoy in the state. We are confident that Thom Rowen will build on the foundation for Glazer's of Iowa that Doug Howell has built."
Glazer's distributes in 12 US states, and was founded in Dallas in 1933.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020