US/USVI: Glazer's heads to US Virgin Islands with Premier
Glazer’s has teamed with Premier Wines and Spirits to set up a distribution venture in the US Virgin Islands.
The US company, which operates in 14 states and the Caribbean, said late yesterday (24 September) that the new entity, Glazer’s Premier Distributors, will comprise Premier Wines and Spirits' operations and assets in the territory. Glazer's will make an unspecified financial investment to the unit.
Premier already distributes brands owned by the likes of Pernod Ricard, Beam Global, Campari and Constellation, and has operations in St Thomas and St Croix. Glazer’s Premier “expects to continue with its core suppliers and expand the business with the resources of Glazer’s”, the two company's said.
“We have taken the first step of Glazer’s long-term strategy to grow internationally, which we believe will create new value for our strategic suppliers,” said Glazer's president & CEO, Sheldon Stein.
The JV will commence on 1 October. Premier's current CEO, Albert Paiewonsky, will continue in the role at Glazer’s Premier.
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends