US: Glazer's enters Tennessee with Robilio buy
Tennessee will be Glazer's 13th US state, after the purchase of Robilio
Glazer’s has lined up the acquisition of Tennessee distributor Victor L Robilio Company.
The US alcohol distributor, which operates in 12 states, confirmed late last week that it will enter the state of Tennessee through the move, which remains “subject to normal and customary conditions and approvals”. Robilio handles distribution of a range of wine and spirits brands for the likes of Diageo, Pernod Ricard and Constellation.
Financial details behind the purchase were not disclosed.
“Our overall corporate strategy is to aggressively expand our footprint in the beverage distribution business and, when this acquisition is complete, Tennessee will be our 13th state in which we do business,” said Glazer's president & CEO, Sheldon Stein.
Scott Rawlings, the current president of Glazer’s Arkansas, will assume management responsibility for Tennessee upon completion of the transaction.
Earlier this year, just-drinks sat down with David Gates, the global category director of whisk(e)y at Diageo, to talk about Johnnie Walker, Formula One, Scotch and the other whisk(e)y sub-categories....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban