US: Glazer's appoints Texas chief
US alcohol distributor Glazer's has appointed a president for its Texas operations.
The family-run company, which operates in 12 states across the US, said yesterday (7 March) that Pat McNamara will assume the position with immediate effect. McNamara joined Glazer's in 2005, having previously worked for Coors Brewing Co. and Miller Brewing. He has also spent time with The Coca-Cola Co.
"Since joining Glazer's two years ago, Pat McNamara has excelled in every challenge given him, and we believe that he is highly qualified to lead our Texas business," said Glazer's chief operating officer Mike Maxwell. "Pat will be charged with successfully implementing and executing our Texas strategy, which is to energise and expand our leadership position in the market, and to be recognised as the best distribution company in the state for brand-building and service-minded customer focus."
Last month, Glazer's secured US distribution of Soyuz Victan's SV The Silk Vodka.
Two New York alcohol distributors have joined forces....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it will cut jobs in its North America unit by the end of the year....
The European Parliament has backed away from recommending the introduction of a harmonised health warning on alcohol packaging throughout the EU even though its own health committee had urged such a s...
Systembolaget is looking to sell the properties which house its retail outlets in Sweden....
The Scottish government has unveiled plans to restrict retailers in the country in how they can merchandise alcohol in their stores....
Perfect Renaissance, the Israeli manufacturer of Vodka Perfect, is expanding its business and, for the first time, will export its kosher vodka to France....
The Beer Institute has lobbied the US government to the tune of US$310,000 in H1, according to a disclosure form....
Some citrus-flavoured carbonated drinks contain more caffeine than cola, according to a recent study in the Journal of Food Science....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research