US: Glazed Pork Chops with Diet Lemon Coke, anyone?
The 21st Century for chefs has arrived. Coca-Cola is tempting America's taste buds and interest in more flavourful foods with new recipes featuring a wide variety of the company's products as key ingredients. These beverage ingredients range from regular and diet soft drinks to juices and lemonades.
The new recipes were created for the company by The Culinary Institute of America. "With more home cooks experimenting in the kitchen, we asked The Culinary Institute of America to explore the flavours our wide array of beverages can bring to cooking," said Donna Shields, M.S., R.D., manager of health and nutrition strategic communications at Coca-Cola. "These new recipes demonstrate how beverages can be incorporated into every-day recipes to deliver contemporary, big flavours, with moderate calories in mind."
The nineteen recipes created by The Culinary Institute of America for The Coca-Cola Company feature appetizers, breakfast foods, dishes for dinner, beverages and desserts.
The recipes include Lemony-Honey Glazed Pork Chops, made with Diet Lemon Coke; Oven-baked Chicken Wings with Sweet & Tangy Mustard Sauce made with Barq's Root Beer; and Light Lime Cheesecake created with Minute Maid Limonada. They also include more modern favourites, such as Baked Nachos with Braised Chicken, Peppers and Onions, made with diet Coke; Lemonade-Yoghurt-Granola Breakfast Parfait which uses Minute Maid Light Lemonade; and Mango Passion Sorbet, made with Odwalla Mango Tango Juice and Minute Maid Premium Orange Passion Juice Blend.
For more information on how to cook with beverages, or to download recipes, visit http://www.secretingredientrecipes.com/.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends