Product Launch - UK: GlaxoSmithKline's Ribena mango & lime, pineapple & passion fruit
Click through to view GlaxoSmithKline's Ribena mango & lime, pineapple & passion fruit
GlaxoSmithKline's Ribena mango & lime, pineapple & passion fruit
Category - Soft drinks
Available - Since last week
Location - UK, off-trade
Price - RRP of GBP0.99 (US$1.50) per 50cl bottle
Distribution - GlaxoSmithKline
GlaxoSmithKline is adding two tropical-flavoured variants to its Ribena portfolio in the UK. The launch of Ribena mango & lime, pineapple & passion fruit will be backed by a GBP1.2m (US$1.8m) marketing campaign, featuring outdoor, digital, in-store and sampling aspects.
Last month, GSK confirmed that it has launched a strategic review of its Lucozade and Ribena soft drinks brands, with “every option”, including a sale, being considered.
Ribena, the UK’s number one selling Juice Drink brand from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Consumer Healthcare is launching two great tasting tropical flavours. Available from March, the 500ml Ready to Drink (RTD) Mango & Lime and Pineapple & Passion Fruit variants will enable impulse retailers to harness the sales opportunity presented by the exotic flavour sector, which is growing at +20%#.
The juice drinks category has seen +1.5%# growth in the past year which has been highly influenced by NPD and the two new tropical variants are set to drive incremental sales by capitalising on the rapidly growing exotic flavours.
The new flavours will be available in a 99p price-mark pack (PMP) as well as standard packs, to help retailers offer excellent value to consumers. Research shows that value is a key consumer driver, with 44% of consumers more likely to purchase a product on impulse if price-marked. The new flavours will debut in bright orange and yellow bottles to help deliver maximum standout and shopper engagement on shelf.
A significant £1.2m marketing investment is being put behind the launch including outdoor, digital, in-store and sampling. To help retailers create eye-catching displays in store and maximise impulse sales, a range of engaging POS material including tropical themed FSDUs is available.
John Price, Senior Brand Manager, Ribena says: “The latest new tropical flavours from Ribena offer real flavour excitement to consumers. In the last 12 weeks, juice drinks with mango and/or pineapple flavours drove 48.2% growth of the Total Juice Drinks category and we are confident that the two new Ribena flavours will be a huge hit with consumers and accelerate sales growth for customers. Stock up to ensure you don’t miss this fantastic sales opportunity.”
Ribena Mango & Lime and Pineapple & Passion Fruit are available from 18th March, in 500ml 99p price-marked bottles and standard bottles.
Original source: Company Release
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets