just On Call - UK: GlaxoSmithKline lines up drinks launches
Lucozade Sport Lite Orange is one of four new launches for GSK in 2011
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has lined up four new product launches as part of a multi-million pound investment in its soft drinks portfolio in 2011.
The firm confirmed yesterday (17 February) will invest around GBP21.5m (US$34.8m) behind its Ribena and Lucozade brands in 2011.
Following the launch of raspberry-flavoured Ribena last year, the firm will now begin selling a sparkling version of its blackcurrant & strawberry version.
Available in a 500ml bottle, Ribena Sparkling will receive GBP1.4m of investment, which will include a marketing campaign involving in-store promotions, sampling and social media throughout May.
It forms part of a GBP11m marketing campaign for the Ribena brand in 2011.
For Lucozade Sport, GSK is expanding its range with the launch of a cherry variant. The firm is hoping the new flavour will repeat the success of Lucozade Energy Cherry, which launched last year.
Available now in 500ml and 4 x 500ml multipack formats, GSK is throwing GBP5.2m behind the launch in the form of a television advert to roll-out in May, sampling and a marketing campaign.
And, following on from the launch of Lucozade Energy Cherry last year, GSK is extending this line with the addition of a blackcurrant variant. The new flavour will receive a GBP1m marketing investment.
An on-pack campaign will also offer consumers a chance to win unlimited music from digital music service Spotify, to launch in March. "This is a big in-store event and there are 12 days to go until it launches," said Lucozade Energy brand manager, Andy Mahoney. "This is the first on-pack promotion with Spotify for an FMCG brand and we will also be bringing it to Ireland."
Lucozade Sport Lite will also receive a new addition in the form of an orange variant. Since launching in March last year, Lucozade Sport Lite has driven "exceptional incremental growth in the sports and energy drink category", the firm said. To support the launch, the company will invest GBP2.9m in a marketing campaign including TV, outdoor and press, which will go live in April.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research