UK: GlaxoSmithKline invests in Coleford facility
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has invested GBP18m in its Lucozade and Ribena production facility
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) plans to invest GBP18m (US$28.5m) in its Gloucestershire Lucozade and Ribena production facility in the UK.
The investment in the Coleford-based plant is for a "high speed, high efficiency" bottling line which will manufacture the firm's two brands using "state of the art technology", the company said today (28 February). The added capacity is expected to improve cost efficiency by enabling GSK to remove the need to maintain what it claims are costly stocks of product.
The new line will use recycled plastic PET bottles, which are manufactured at Coleford and will also include the capability to produce a range of new multipack products.
"This additional GBP18m investment in a new plant at Coleford in 2012 is a huge step forward in terms of continually improving our efficiency and providing a highly responsive service for our customers who often need deliveries at short notice," said Rob Baxter, VP and general manager of GSK's Coleford site.
"This further investment, on top of the GBP70m investment last year, demonstrates GSK's confidence in the ongoing success of brands like Lucozade and Ribena and the continued development of our manufacturing facility at Coleford," he added.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015