UK: GlaxoSmithKline appoints sales VP
Jon Workman replaces Ian Forshew who left GSK for Britvic
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has appointed Jon Workman to lead the sales and commercial function for its nutritional healthcare (NHUK) division in the UK.
Workman replaces Ian Forshew who left for Britvic in July, the firm told just-drinks today (12 November). He joins GSK from Proctor & Gamble, where he was director for market strategy and planning and responsible for go-to-market strategies across the P&G product portfolio.
Workman will lead front-line sales as well as shopper and category marketing activity across the NHUK business including major brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Horlicks. The role will cover all retailers and channels and will have a seat on the NHUK leadership team.
Peter Harding, VP & GM Nutritional Healthcare UK, said: "This is a major appointment for GSK and represents a continued commitment to attract the very best talent in our business. Jon has broad commercial experience and an exceptional track record, which we believe will be invaluable as we accelerate our continuing success and look to sustain our long-term growth in the UK."
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends