UK: GlaxoSmithKline appoints sales VP
Jon Workman replaces Ian Forshew who left GSK for Britvic
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has appointed Jon Workman to lead the sales and commercial function for its nutritional healthcare (NHUK) division in the UK.
Workman replaces Ian Forshew who left for Britvic in July, the firm told just-drinks today (12 November). He joins GSK from Proctor & Gamble, where he was director for market strategy and planning and responsible for go-to-market strategies across the P&G product portfolio.
Workman will lead front-line sales as well as shopper and category marketing activity across the NHUK business including major brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Horlicks. The role will cover all retailers and channels and will have a seat on the NHUK leadership team.
Peter Harding, VP & GM Nutritional Healthcare UK, said: "This is a major appointment for GSK and represents a continued commitment to attract the very best talent in our business. Jon has broad commercial experience and an exceptional track record, which we believe will be invaluable as we accelerate our continuing success and look to sustain our long-term growth in the UK."
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages