UK: GlaxoSmithKline appoints sales VP
Jon Workman replaces Ian Forshew who left GSK for Britvic
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has appointed Jon Workman to lead the sales and commercial function for its nutritional healthcare (NHUK) division in the UK.
Workman replaces Ian Forshew who left for Britvic in July, the firm told just-drinks today (12 November). He joins GSK from Proctor & Gamble, where he was director for market strategy and planning and responsible for go-to-market strategies across the P&G product portfolio.
Workman will lead front-line sales as well as shopper and category marketing activity across the NHUK business including major brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Horlicks. The role will cover all retailers and channels and will have a seat on the NHUK leadership team.
Peter Harding, VP & GM Nutritional Healthcare UK, said: "This is a major appointment for GSK and represents a continued commitment to attract the very best talent in our business. Jon has broad commercial experience and an exceptional track record, which we believe will be invaluable as we accelerate our continuing success and look to sustain our long-term growth in the UK."
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL