IRELAND: Glanbia forms UK nutrition arm
Irish food group Glanbia has snapped up UK beverage group Pro-Fibe Nutrition in a move to boost its presence in the nutrition sector.
The deal, announced today (21 June) will see Pro-Fibe renamed Glanbia Nutritionals UK, a division of Glanbia Nutritionals, supplier of vitamin and mineral premixes, protein solutions and oat beta-glucan. Glanbia Nutritionals UK, based in Middlesbrough, will sell a range of products, including RTDs, using Glanbia's ingredients.
Matthew Richardson, founder of Pro-Fibe Nutrition and technical director of Glanbia Nutritionals UK, said: "Glanbia Nutritionals' ingredient solutions fit well with our business so the acquisition was a natural step. Now, we can further develop our capabilities and services, and offer customers the added value of Glanbia Nutritionals' expertise in the nutritional ingredients market."
The acquisition comes two years after Glanbia bought German nutrition research group Kortus Food Ingredients Services.
Glanbia Nutritionals CEO Hugh McGuire said: "Innovation through R&D forms the core of our growth plan, and KFIS and Pro-Fibe share this ethos. We're looking forward to consolidating the businesses to develop functional foods and ingredients for a variety of markets. These are exciting times for Glanbia Nutritionals."
Sectors: Soft drinks
Having consolidated its spirits operations into one company, UB Group is looking to build on its position of strength in the Indian market and establish itself internationally. Euromonitor Internation...
California's Board of Equalization (BOE) has voted to conduct a review of how alcopops are classified and taxed in the state following concerns over underage drinking from high school seniors....
Coca-Cola Amatil has secured a deal to sell and distribute Maxxium Worldwide's spirits portfolio in Australia....
Australia's competition watchdog has reportedly given Lion Nathan the green light to proceed with a full bid for New Zealand's Independent Liquor....
Australian consumers will spend over A$23m (US$17.4m) on alcohol this year, with Shiraz and Sauvignon Blanc gaining in popularity, according to local industry analysts....
Diageo will next week register its interest in Independent Liquor with Australia's competition watchdog, just-drinks understands....
Diageo is mulling whether to enter the race to buy New Zealand-based spirits group Independent Liquor, just-drinks understands....
Magners cider is to get a fresh advertising push in the coming months to further build on booming sales across the UK....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review