US: Glacier Water Services widens H1 losses
- H1 net losses widen 20% to US$4.3m
- Net sales increase 14% to $60.6m
- Operating profits up 4% to $1.5m
Glacier Water Services has posted an increase in first-half losses despite a rise in sales.
The US water dispenser said yesterday (4 September) that net losses widened by 20% to US$4.3m in the six months to the end of June. Net sales climbed by 14% to $60.6m over the same period, while operating profits were up by 4% to $1.5m.
Second-quarter numbers were similar, with net losses widening by 17% to $1.4m and net sales up by 14% to $28m. Operating profits jumped by 22% to $1.3m.
The company said the sales increases were down to more water vending and ice machines on location and the purchase of the Aqua Fill water vending business last year. Glacier Water said it now has 2,500 more machines in place than this time last year.
Earnings were damaged by costs incurred from the new machines and increased depreciation and amortisation, Glacier Water said.
In January last year, Glacier Water raised $20m in a share and debt sale to private investors.
To read the company's statement, click here.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
Glacier Water Services has widened its losses despite a jump in YTD sales....
Plimsoll Publishing’s BEVERAGE RETAILERS (Asia) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the BEVERAGE RETAILERS (Asia) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 680 companies ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report